Christian Ethics for Bible Education in Africa
20-22 June 2017
Word in Action Camp Site: Sysie Street Kameeldrift, Pretoria
Thoko Sikhosana at firstname.lastname@example.org OR
Wynie Malan at email@example.com
+27-(0)13-9472179/81 / (0)74-1377050 / (0)74-1399348 during office hours.
- The prophetic role of theological education
- Institutional ethics for Bible colleges in Africa
- Lessons for today from mistakes in the past
- Teaching our students with integrity and propriety
- Mentoring future leaders to confront social problems
- Case study: Teaching against injustice & corruption
- Teaching within divergent church contexts
- Teaching for interaction in the public sphere
- How to remain a reforming influence in Africa
- Review of relevant literature (ethics and African ethics)
- Assessing our integrity as institutions and educators
- Confronting social evils: broken families, sex trade, etc.
- Contextualized ethics for Bible education in Africa
- Forming (mentoring) biblical ethics within our students
- Towards reconciliation: discussing ethnic/racial tensions
SOME OF OUR SPEAKERS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING LEADERS
Pastor Conrad Mbewe is the chancellor of the African Christian University in Zambia. He is also an author of several books, editor of Reformation Zambia, writer for national newspapers, blogger on social issues, frequent international speaker, principal of the Lusaka Ministerial College, and pastor of Kabwata Baptist Church in Lusaka, Zambia.
Rev Dr In Whan Kim is the President/Vice Chancellor of Swaziland Christian University. He is Professor Emeritus and Former President of Chongshin University and Seminary in Seoul, Korea. He is also serves as a director on the board for World Reformed Fellowship and on the board of trustees for Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia, USA.
Prof P.J. (Flip) Buys has served as a minister and missionary since 1973. He was the first Principal of Mukhanyo Theological College and an adjunct professor of Missions at the North-West University in Potchefstroom. He is now serving as the Associate International Director of World Reformed Fellowship.