Bachelor of Theology Honours – NQF level 8
SAQA ID Number: 90739
Minimum Credits: 120
Exit Level: NQF Level 8
The Bachelor of Theology Honours Degree is a postgraduate specialisation qualification, characterised by the fact that it prepares students for research based postgraduate study. This qualification follows a Bachelor's or equivalent degree, and serves to consolidate and deepen the student's expertise in a particular discipline, and to develop research capacity in the methodology and techniques of that discipline. This qualification demands a high level of theoretical engagement and intellectual independence. In some cases, a Bachelor Honours Degree carries recognition by an appropriate professional or statutory body.
Field of study: NSB 07 – Human and Social Studies
Sub-field: Religious and Ethical Foundations of Society
The Programme Consists of the Following Modules:
Track 1: Historical Theology
Track 2: Systematic Theology
Track 3: Biblical Theology
Requirements for Admission
A student may be accepted into the MTC Bachelor of Theology Honours if they meet the following requirement:
- The minimum admission requirement is an appropriate Bachelor's Degree.
- NQF 7 Competencies.
- Critical and Higher Level thinking competencies.
- Demonstrated Advanced Grasp of Christian Theology and component Loci within the Study Field.
Foreign students need to take note of the following requirements:
- Only certified copies of identity documents (e.g. passport), visas, qualifications, and transcripts will be accepted for application purposes;
- Undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications from a foreign institution will be evaluated by MTC, however, MTC may require the student to have the qualification evaluated by the relevant South African qualifications authority, in this case the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Any foreign qualification that cannot be verified will not be considered in an application.
Legislation Governing Admission
The following legislation is applicable to admission requirements:
- Department of Education Higher Education Act, 1997(Act 101 of 1997) Minimum Admission Requirements for Higher Certificate, Diploma and Bachelor's Degree Programmes requiring a National Senior Certificate (NSC) (Government Gazette, 24 Vol 751, No 32131 of 11 July 2008).
- The Higher Education Qualifications Framework (As Revised September 2011).