This was done by a pastor’s conference hosted by Mukhanyo’s Johannesburg campus in June. Over 80 pastors, church leaders and students gathered to speakers elucidating the theme, rediscovering the doctrines that shook the world since the Reformation started in 1517.
A video DVD of the conference’s proceedings will be made available soon. The following topics will be on the DVD:
- The historical context behind the Reformation and the foundations of what is more commonly referred to as the Five Solas of the Reformation, by Pastor Dilip Chetty.
- The practical reasons why the church needs to return to the Word of God and for it to be the sole source of knowledge on how to live in the right relationship with God and so build ministries upon it, by Dr Japie Malan, Johannesburg’s campus manager.
- Christ alone means that salvation comes through Christ alone, by Dr Brian de Vries, principal of Mukhanyo. We must all be warned not to succumb to the many false doctrines that are rampant in many modern churches.
- Pastor Jeff Gage spoke on the pillar Grace Alone and highlighted that what Christ has done on the cross is a free gift for us. There is nothing anyone can do to earn it.
- All things are to the glory of God alone. Pastor Chetty used real-life examples to illustrate that one of the problems in modern churches and also with many individual Christians is the desire and tendency to try and steal the glory of God for themselves.
- The topic on faith alone was not covered because the speaker fell ill, but will also be included in the DVD.