“You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you,
and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
The Holy Spirit was poured out on believers to enable them to be witnesses for the Lord. Here at Mukhanyo it is our desire that our students, through the study of the Word of God, will be better equipped to be more effective witnesses for the Lord and to teach others to be witnesses.
- Thank the Lord for His provision for Mukhanyo that this ministry can continue and pray that He will continue to provide through our donors and that He will also bless them for their support.
- Thank the Lord that our students could return to class after the Easter break.
- Pray that the last few weeks of the classes for this semester will be blessed by the Lord and that the students, faculty and Academic Admin department will cope with all the work before the start of the exams on 15 May.
- Events on the calendar. It seems as if May will be a month of meetings at Mukhanyo! Please pray for wisdom and guidance for matters that will be discussed in the different committee meetings:
Saturday 5 May – conference on Child and Youth Ministry in Johannesburg.
Monday 7 May – Executive Committee meeting.
Tuesday 8 May – Academic Committee meeting.
Wednesday 16 May – Audit and Risk committee meeting (a Board committee).
Monday 21 May – HR committee meeting (a Board committee).
Wednesday 30 May – Operations Committee meeting.
Thursday 31 May – Board meeting
- Work behind the scenes. There is often much going on in the administrative department which may not be easily noticed, but is very important to keep the wheels rolling:
We thank the Lord for the shipment of donated books which arrived safely at Mukhanyo. It will take many, many hours of work to process these. Please pray for our librarian, Nurse Nkosi, and assistants in this task.
We are in the process of updating many of our policy and procedure documents. Pray for good progress with this task.
- An event for alumni is scheduled for Saturday 12 May. Please pray for good interest and for the Lord’s richest blessing on this.
- Our annual Bible College Consultation is scheduled for 19 to 21 June. Pray for all the preparations that are already on the go and that many people from different Theological colleges in southern Africa will be able to attend.