“He [Jesus] humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. Therefore, God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow…. and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
April – the time during which the Church normally celebrates Easter and commemorates the death of our Lord Jesus Christ. We will indeed never be able to thank Him for the salvation that He made available for us!
Items for Prayer and Praise
- Thank the Lord for the students that are studying at Mukhanyo and pray that each one will have personal faith in the saving work of Christ and grow in their walk with Him.
- In South Africa many churches hold conferences over Easter weekend which often include services on Good Friday, the Saturday and the Sunday. Many of our faculty, staff and students will be involved with such events – either to attend or to take part. Pray that the Lord will bless them and make them a blessing – especially those who will have opportunity to share the Word of God.
- Events on the calendar:
-Thank the Lord with us for a blessed day conference on 10 March on Biblical Counselling by
Bill den Hollander. The Lord used this to encourage and equip those present.
-Pray for the conference for Pastors Wives on Saturday 21 April at KwaMhlanga campus, D.V. We are trusting the Lord for good attendance and His blessing.
-A day of training is planned for support staff – pray for the preparations for this and that it will be helpful and blessed by the Lord.
-There will be a Faculty Forum on 16 April, God willing. Pray for our faculty members who are all expected to attend this that it will serve to encourage, equip and unite them.
-We are planning an event for alumni in May. Please pray for these preparations.
- Our students will have a study break of two weeks in April. Pray that they will be able to spend enough time with their studies, but also will get some rest and that the Lord will use them as witnesses for Him among their families and friends.
- The second quarter of the academic year will start mid-April. Pray that all the students will be back in time and that the Lord will bless the last 4 weeks of classes before exams will start.
- We thank the Lord for a shipment of donated books which is expected to arrive during April. Pray for our librarian, Nurse Nkosi, and helpers who are currently preparing to process this.
- We are still waiting for reply from the Council of Higher Education and the Department of Higher Education and Training on outstanding accreditation matters. Pray that we will soon receive a positive answer.
- Pray that, amidst our daily labour and activities, each faculty and support staff member will keep their eye on the calling and vision of Mukhanyo, namely to train pastors and church leaders, and that this will encourage and strengthen them.